[K12OSN] Lexmark E323 network printer

Gideon Romm ltsp at symbio-technologies.com
Fri Sep 1 18:01:53 UTC 2006

Glenn-

We have a client who uses the Lexmark E323 on Linux.  Lexmark printers
are a bit annoying (in both Linux and Windows) in that they circumvent
the native printing system by creating a "dummy device" and then
funneling the print spool through their own software.

In other words, if you want the printer to work, you need to install
their software and use their Lexmark Printer Interface (or whatever its
called) to create the queues and manage the printers.

HTH,

-Gadi