[K12OSN] Teacher access to teacher tool

Dan Visentin visentind at hdsb.ca
Fri Sep 1 19:02:00 UTC 2006

Well I took the plunge and installed the x86_64 version and everything seems pretty cool.  One problem... fl_teachertool works great when logged in as root but teachers cannot get it to work properly.  When trying to monitor/control I get an "Opening
password file failed".  All teachers are in a "teachers" group and I did the visudo modification as discussed on your website.  Also I did copy /root/.vnc to the ltsp tree though not sure if this was necessary or desirable.  I also used " %teachers
ALL=NOPASSWD:/usr/sbin/fl_teachertool" instead of  "%teachers  ALL=NOPASSWD:/usr/local/sbin/Fl_TeacherTool" assuming that it is outdated.

Any suggestions?

Dan Visentin
M. M. Robinson H.S.
"As a computer, I find your faith in technology amusing."