[K12OSN] Mondo Archive on K12LTSP 5.0

Eric Harrison eharrison at mail.mesd.k12.or.us
Sun Sep 3 17:04:41 UTC 2006

On Sun, 3 Sep 2006 ssanders at coin.org wrote:

> I installed mondoarchive on the new version (it always had a choice to
> use tape), and I was quite suprised that there seem to be many things
> missing or in the wrong dir. Mindi (the temp kernel/boot stuff) had
> several errors about 'cannot find XYZ' (I'm not at the machine now,
> cannot quote directly). I could find them, copy into the expected path,
> and went on to the next problem. It had wrong versions of libnewt,
> libslang, and a few others that I could manually find and get in place.
>
> It's still not working, and I wondered if anyone here has worked with
> Mondoarchive on the latest version? The idea of a full system backup on
> one removable media is attractive, and Mondo would/could be nice to use.

Did you do a "yum install mondo" or did you install the packages
from mondorescue.org?

I rebuilt the mondo packages on K12LTSP 5.0 and stuck them here:

   ftp://k12linux.mesd.k12.or.us/pub/K12LTSP/testing/mondo/

I have not tested them, so I'm not sure if they'll fix the problems
you are seeing or not. If they do work, let me know and I'll add
them to the yum repository.

-Eric