[K12OSN] K12LTSP 4.2.4EL planning... how stable?

Doug Simpson veewee77 at alltel.net
Mon Sep 4 22:33:08 UTC 2006

Along these lines. . .

I updated 4 servers two weeks before school started and every one of
them got hacked right after that. . .I still don't have them all back
working again after re-installing them. they had been running rock solid
over a year and two of them longer than that with little to no
upgrades.  I figured newer would be better and more secure. . . WRONG!
I will not make that mistake again!

I DO NOT recommend automated updates at all

Doug