[K12OSN] Network Driver Compile <grrrr>

Petre Scheie petre at maltzen.net
Tue Sep 5 14:09:35 UTC 2006

yum install gcc

will install the gcc compiler.  But I'm surprised that you need to compile the drivers
for the e1000.  I don't think Eric adds things like network drivers to FC.  On my
K12LTSP 5 box, I've got these drivers:

/lib/modules/2.6.17-1.2157_FC5/kernel/drivers/net/e1000
/lib/modules/2.6.17-1.2174_FC5/kernel/drivers/net/e1000

Does your system not have these?

Petre