[K12OSN] /dev/dsp: No such file or Directory

Ray Garza ray at mission.lib.tx.us
Tue Sep 5 19:27:37 UTC 2006

I've been trying to get the sound to work on the clients but with no luck.
I've determined that the sound modules to be snd-intel8x0
I've manually added it to the lts.conf in a group section by Mac address:
every time I boot the client I get this at the sound section:

Accepting connections on port 16001
/dev/dsp: No such file or Directory
/dev/dsp: No such file or Directory

and then repeats several time then continues with the booting process.

I check /opt/ltsp/i386/dev and it shows three files:
dsp
dsp1
mixer

All 0 byte's

My system is K12ltsp 5.0 and LTSP 2.4 update 3

Thanks,
Ray

--
Coordinator of Computer Services