[K12OSN] /dev/dsp: No such file or Directory

Gideon Romm ltsp at symbio-technologies.com
Tue Sep 5 19:41:22 UTC 2006

Try adding the second sound module:

SMODULE_01 = "snd-intel8x0"
SMODULE_02 = "snd-pcm-oss"

Also, since you are not taking advantage of ALSA, you could prolly just
use the OSS driver:

SMODULE_01 = "i810_audio"

-Gadi

On Tue, 2006-09-05 at 14:27 -0500, Ray Garza wrote:
> I've been trying to get the sound to work on the clients but with no luck.
> I've determined that the sound modules to be snd-intel8x0
> I've manually added it to the lts.conf in a group section by Mac address:
> every time I boot the client I get this at the sound section:
>
> Accepting connections on port 16001
> /dev/dsp: No such file or Directory
> /dev/dsp: No such file or Directory
>
> and then repeats several time then continues with the booting process.
>
> I check /opt/ltsp/i386/dev and it shows three files:
> dsp
> dsp1
> mixer
>
> All 0 byte's
>
> My system is K12ltsp 5.0 and LTSP 2.4 update 3
>
> Thanks,
> Ray

Gideon Romm | Proud LTSP Developer
ltsp at symbio-technologies.com

Support LTSP!  Buy your hardware at:

        www.DisklessWorkstations.com
        www.DisklessThinClients.com

(use coupon code: LTSP5P for 5% off thin clients from DisklessThinClients.com)