[K12OSN] OT: Shutdown Linux from Windows?

Jon Spriggs jon at spriggs.org.uk
Tue Sep 5 20:15:38 UTC 2006

Hi Kevin,

I'd look into plink (part of the Putty suite) and puttygen to create public
keys.

You should also look into using SELinux and the sudo commands about locking
down the servers so that if anyone "witnesses" the root password being
entered (by shoulder surfing, or discovering the scripts), then it doesn't
compromise all your servers.

Regards,

Jon