[K12OSN] Friggin' Firefox and K12LSP v5

David Trask dtrask at vcsvikings.org
Tue Sep 5 20:40:26 UTC 2006

Ok...this is starting to drive me nuts.  As the folks from Hermon (Maine)
posted a week ago....I am having the same problem with Firefox starting so
slowly.  In fact, it's so slow that kids are clicking more than once in
an effort to bring it up.  Once loaded it runs fun....it's launching it
that's the problem.  I have a dual server setup using DHCP load balancing
and failover and a Samba/LDAP server for authentication.  With K12LTSP v4
and a lesser version of Firefox....there were no issues.  I'm not even
sure where to look at the moment....it's almost as if it's not being
cached in memory on the server and is loading a seperate instance each
time.  I'm willing to dig a lot deeper, but need some ideas.  Anyone?

David N. Trask
Technology Teacher/Director
Vassalboro Community School
dtrask at vcsvikings.org