[K12OSN] /dev/dsp: No such file or Directory

Ray Garza ray at mission.lib.tx.us
Tue Sep 5 20:58:35 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 05 September 2006 14:41, Gideon Romm wrote:
> Try adding the second sound module:
>
> SMODULE_01 = "snd-intel8x0"
> SMODULE_02 = "snd-pcm-oss"
>
> Also, since you are not taking advantage of ALSA, you could prolly just
> use the OSS driver:
>
> SMODULE_01 = "i810_audio"
>
> -Gadi
>
> On Tue, 2006-09-05 at 14:27 -0500, Ray Garza wrote:
> > I've been trying to get the sound to work on the clients but with no
> > luck. I've determined that the sound modules to be snd-intel8x0
> > I've manually added it to the lts.conf in a group section by Mac address:
> > every time I boot the client I get this at the sound section:
> >
> > Accepting connections on port 16001
> > /dev/dsp: No such file or Directory
> > /dev/dsp: No such file or Directory
> >
> > and then repeats several time then continues with the booting process.
> >
> > I check /opt/ltsp/i386/dev and it shows three files:
> > dsp
> > dsp1
> > mixer
> >
> > All 0 byte's
> >
> > My system is K12ltsp 5.0 and LTSP 2.4 update 3
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Ray

Mucho Thanko, the 1st option worked. I no longer get the error msgs at boot
up. I was still not getting sound out of TuxType but then I switched headfone
plugs from the front of the PC to the back and I started to get sound! Yea!!
I think the kids will like the setup.

Thanks again for you help.

Ray
--