[K12OSN] smbldap disable group?

David Trask dtrask at vcsvikings.org
Wed Sep 6 19:04:35 UTC 2006

As far as time frame disabling...I'm not sure, but as for the clearing out
of the generic accounts...that's easy.  I actually do this as a cron job
for 6 generic accounts that we use in the library for people to simply use
the card catalog.  I actually delete and recreate the home directories
each night.  I have a directory called "golden-library" where I store the
"gold master" for the users settings (in other words, what you normally
find in /etc/skel).  You should create the perfect clean account...and
then copy the files (hidden and all) into the "golden" folder and change
the permissions to something like what currently exists in /etc/skel.

An example....simplistic with no use of variables like ${USER} or anything
like that (though if you can write bash scripts...feel free to do
so).....in this example the folder is named /gold-lib  and the users are
liba, libb, libc, and so on:

#!/bin/sh
rm -Rf /home/liba/*
cd /gold-lib