flash for 64bit was:[K12OSN] OT - proper OS for CPU

Toshio Kuratomi toshio at tiki-lounge.com
Wed Sep 6 22:54:32 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-09-06 at 15:19 -0700, Rob Owens wrote:
> I read recently that gnash, an open source flash
> implementation, supports 64 bit systems.  I haven't
> tried it myself, but it might be worth looking into.

Last time I tried gnash it was only so so.  If you have a few specific
flash sites you want to run and it works there then you'll be fine.
Otherwise I would suggest trying nspluginwrapper which can run the 32bit
flash plugin with a 64bit browser.

On the plus side, gnash is working enough that more people are trying it
out which means that more coders are working on it.

-Toshio