[K12OSN] 5.0 logout problems

nathan at grandvache.com nathan at grandvache.com
Thu Sep 7 01:34:00 UTC 2006

Today was the first day of full use of two labs that we upgraded from 3.1.1 to 5.0.  Everything went pretty well with 2 exceptions:  we had about 20% of the terminals used  "lock up" upon logout - with the logout diaglogue box frozen on the screen.  (tech teacher had them just reboot clients).  The other problem that occured was 10% of clients once logged out had the login screen split in half (imagine shifting the edge of the login screen to the middle of the monitor)  We didn't run into these problems with light usage before school.  The servers don't seemed as stressed as we thought they'd be with a new install - so I know they didn't lock up.

Any suggestions?

Also have noticed the same Firefox delay issues that other people have reported  even after deleting previous prefs.

Thanks -

Nathan Shaffer
nshaffer at sja.pvt.k12.or.us