[K12OSN] Let sleeping dogs lie

Dan Young dyoung at mesd.k12.or.us
Fri Sep 8 15:46:37 UTC 2006

David Trask wrote:
> Just a word to the wise....do not set your server to automatically update.
>  Once the server is working...I've found it best to leave it alone.  I do
> my updates very selectively and usually using a GUI program like YUM
> Extender so I can very carefully pick and choose.  Some updates CAN break
> your system....be careful when updating production servers....especially
> when you make a lot of custom configurations.

Subscribe to fedora-package-announce and see what's coming down the
pike. Most updates include a changelog and sometimes notes on what
features/bugfixes the update provides.

Also, security updates are highlighted there as well.

Dan Young <dyoung at mesd.k12.or.us>
Multnomah ESD - Technology Services
503-257-1562