[K12OSN] Let sleeping dogs lie

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Fri Sep 8 20:29:05 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-09-08 at 11:27 -0400, Shawn Powers wrote:

> > be careful when updating production servers....especially
> > when you make a lot of custom configurations.
>
> This is such good advice that I wanted to chime in to agree.  David,
> it sounds like you've learned the hard way, much like me.
>
> If it works, don't fix it!

That's not necessarily good advice either, especially for security
related fixes.  You just need a test environment or to wait until
someone with an identical setup reports success.  That's unfortunately
difficult with the fedora yum repository changing all the time.  If
someone has grant money to throw around, a good cause would be to
build a snapshot repository where the fedora updates are tested on
an assortment of hardware before releasing to the k12ltsp clients.

--
  Les Mikesell
   les at futuresource.com