[K12OSN] collect stats

Robert Arkiletian robark at gmail.com
Sat Sep 9 02:37:19 UTC 2006

On 9/8/06, Petre Scheie <petre at maltzen.net> wrote:

> fl_teachertool?
>
> How does fl_teachertool figure out who is logged in?  (Robert?)

netstat -t -e -n|grep :6000| grep -w ESTABLISHED |sed -e 's/:/ /g'|awk
'{print $9,$6}'|sort|uniq

I then change UID's to usernames cause getting UID's is a lot faster with
netstat
but if speed is not an issue this will work

netstat -t -e|grep x11|grep ESTABLISHED|sed -e 's/:/ /g'|awk '{print
$9,$6}'|grep -v root|grep -v gdm|grep -v xdm|grep -v kdm|sort|uniq

I tried using "last" as Huck describes but I found that it truncated long
usernames so I had to stick with netstat.

Petre

> Huck wrote:
> > One odd thing while check'n the Logged in Users on the LTSP Server...is
> > that it doesn't report users logged in via the Thin Clients...
> > likely it uses the 'users' command to glean the information ... and Thin
> > Client logins are not reflected there...
> >
> > any tips to get it to reflect the users of thin clients?
> >
> > --Huck

Robert Arkiletian