[K12OSN] intel 82845g video card

Ray Garza ray at mission.lib.tx.us
Mon Sep 11 14:00:39 UTC 2006

On Sunday 10 September 2006 23:28, Sudev Barar wrote:
> On 11/09/06, Ray Garza <rgarza28 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I have several PC's with the Intel 82845G internal video cards that
> > xserver sill not start on. Anyone have any experience with these cards?
>
> AFAIK 845 chipset has some problems even when run as fat clients.
> Google for work arounds and also try "vesa" server instead of i810.

Poking around google I found this line:

go into the bios under Advanced > Video Configuration > Frame Buffer Size and
change it to 8mb since it defaults to 1mb.

I've been in BIOS and recall seeing it at 8M but I'll go back a verify...

and this link:
http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-010512.htm

According to the above link it would help to load the agpgart.o module so, I
think I need to have my lts.conf to be:

XSERVER               = i810
X_VIDEORAM        = 8192
X_MODE_0            = 800x600
MODULE_01		= agpgart.o

I choose 8M for the video ram simply beacuse that's how much the card borrows
from system ram. I also choose 800x600 just as a starting point.

Ray
--
Coordinator of Computer Services
Speer Memorial Library