[K12OSN] Super fast repeating keys on keyboard.

John P. Conlon jconlon1 at elp.rr.com
Wed Sep 13 02:44:06 UTC 2006

I'm running 5.2 with the latest yum updates.
Server is home-brew with AMD 1GHz processor and 1.5 gig of RAM.
One of the terminals has developed a keyboard sensitivity problem in
that if you type a letter you will get anywhere from 3 to a dozen or so
repeats.
I have replaced the keyboard and the problem is still there.
I have replaced the terminal box with another and the problem is still
there.
I moved the ethernet cable to a different terminal and the problem moved
with it.

These things indicate to me that something in the server or operating
system is the culprit.  A Linux friend of mine has said that there is a
method for correcting this.  Can someone please direct me to the solution?
Thanks
Pat