[K12OSN] USB and Floppy mounting , but show server free space only

Wilson Chan wilson at wilsonch.gotdns.com
Wed Sep 13 21:22:00 UTC 2006

Eric posted package updates for K12LTSP v5 that will probably fix the double floppy icon and other misc bugs. You need to manually download the rpms and install them as root. I havent tested them yet but let everyone know if it works. I know a few others on the list were getting the double icons. Thanks!

-Wilson

==Install RPM==
rpm -ivh packageName.rpm

<Eric Wrote>
If you want to help test out the packages, you'll find them here:

ftp://k12linux.mesd.k12.or.us/pub/K12LTSP/testing/5.0-updates/

ltsp_config-0.0.39-k12ltsp.5.0.0.noarch.rpm

* add /opt/ltsp/templates/k12linux/gnome-screensaver.sh which defaults gnome-screensaver to just blank the screen

ltsp_i386-4.2-3c.k12ltsp.5.0.0.noarch.rpm
ltsp_i386-boot-2.6.17.8-1.k12ltsp.5.0.0.noarch.rpm

* latest-n-greatest build of LTSP. Thanks Jim!

root-desktop-urls-0.5-k12ltsp.5.0.0.noarch.rpm

* add a "remove icons" script to complement the "add icons" script.
Thanks Peter Hartmann!

squidGuard-1.2.0-13.k12ltsp.5.0.0.i386.rpm
* add config file /etc/sysconfig/transparent-proxying, allows you to specify a specific interface to do transparent proxying (the default is to do transparent proxying on all interfaces).  Thanks Burke Almquist!

</Eric Wrote>