[K12OSN] XF86CONFIG_FILE =

pogson robert.pogson at gmail.com
Thu Sep 21 12:01:04 UTC 2006

Thanks, Gideon. It was not the one line that was doing me in. I had
accidentally specified a server for the same client by [IP address]
later on... I did that to load balance my servers. I found out by
running getltspcfg from the commandline on the client. It was seeing the
option, but it was being replaced, I suppose by the second applicable
option. So now I could boot and found I was using the old kernel. Fixed
that, but it was getting late, so I did not go further. This all
happened because I was without Internet access when I started the
project and had only an old 4.1.1 version kicking around. I could not
get the Ubuntu Dapper stuff to boot and I was under time pressure so I
could not puzzle that out. Haste makes waste...