[K12OSN] pushing mounted volume to desktops

Petre Scheie petre at maltzen.net
Fri Sep 22 14:14:48 UTC 2006

Not sure I quite understand, but what if you use NFS to mount the directory from the
file server on the LTSP server, say, under /remoteserver.  Then, create a launcher that
calls 'nautilus /remoteserver' and push that out to everyone's desktop.  Controlling
whether students can read & write to /remoteserver would be controlled via NFS, so make
sure that's working they way you want first.

Petre