[K12OSN] RE: DHCP not working with 4.2.2.EL

Ted Kanemori ted at hisurf.com
Wed Sep 27 23:44:07 UTC 2006

I just loaded K12LTSP 4.2.2EL on a new system that's hooked to a couple
of thin clients.
When I booted the thin clients, everything works fine.
            I loaded adobe, java and all the additional software.
            When I booted the thin clients, everything worked fine.
            I did a "yum upgrade" and 8 programs were installed and
another 185 upgraded.
            Now, when I boot the thin clients, I get a message that:
            "no dhcp or dhcpproxy server offers received".
            The thin clients do not boot up.

            Is there another step that I'm missing?
            Should I "not" have done the yum upgrade?