[K12OSN] off the shelf PC as Server

Ray Garza ray at mission.lib.tx.us
Fri Sep 29 13:13:59 UTC 2006

On Thursday 28 September 2006 18:49, Joe Guenther wrote:

Thanks everyone for your input. Your input corroborates my decision to use an
off the shelf PC for this particular project.

I installed that system for the Housing Authority and their in-house tech came
around and said that it was obsolete (of course I wasn't there to defend
myself). I couldn't figure out what he was referring to. It's not like I used
a 486DX2 PC as a server. Now I find myself trying to defend my decision to
non-computer people who do not know any of the "lingo" and rely on him to
explain. A web of office politics that I'll have to cut through.

--
Ray Garza
Coordinator of Computer Services
ray at mission.lib.tx.us