[K12OSN] favorite place to buy parts (online)

Eric Brown ericbrow at gmail.com
Fri Sep 29 14:07:28 UTC 2006

I have found it helpful to look between Newegg and MWave.com.  A
friend of mine runs a consulting business, and he has now spent nearly
half a million dollars with them over the last 5 or 6 years.  In all
that time, he's only had one return.  I just built 4 machines with
parts from them, dual core AMD 4800+, 2gb ram, 120 gb hd, 256mb video,
dvd+-rw, 17" flatpanel, the works, all for just under $1200 each
including shipping.  They were very prompt.

It pays to compare with Newegg though.  I just needed some new large
(200gb+) drives.  Newegg had considerably lower prices than Mwave for
that particular product.

MWave also has server class cases, motherboards, and other parts.

Happy shopping.

Eric