[K12OSN] Catch 22: Server Video Card gone bad... what now?

ahodson at elp.rr.com ahodson at elp.rr.com
Fri Sep 29 20:44:06 UTC 2006

Seems like this week is the bad-news week for my systems...

Not one, but two K12LTSP V5 servers (same site!) have no video signal
(black screen, amber monitor light). One of them is not providing dhcp,
the second one is ok (client wise)

My question to the gurus here is, what "su" command or configuration
change can I use to allow ROOT to login from a client? I am not too
pleased with the latest distro "forcing" you to be on the server for
root access... This can be the perfect Catch 22 - need monitor to change
monitor but I have no monitor...

BTW - Thanks Petre for the earlier help.

cheers
A. Hodson
El Paso ISD, TX
-=o=-