[K12OSN] Catch 22: Server Video Card gone bad... what now?

Rita Gibson rgibson57 at earthlink.net
Sat Sep 30 17:29:39 UTC 2006

ahodson at elp.rr.com wrote:
> Seems like this week is the bad-news week for my systems...
>
> Not one, but two K12LTSP V5 servers (same site!) have no video signal
> (black screen, amber monitor light). One of them is not providing dhcp,
> the second one is ok (client wise)
>
> My question to the gurus here is, what "su" command or configuration
> change can I use to allow ROOT to login from a client?

We are still on 4.* but on our network we ssh to the server from the
client, or server to server, as ourselves, rgibson for example, and then
su to root when we are logged into the server.  Perhaps things are set
up differently in this new installation, maybe ssh is not enabled?
Forgive me if this is a dumb response, I am always afraid to attempt to
"help" on the list, but I'm going to try to respond to things I think I
know the answer to -- attempt to step outside of my comfort zone.

Rita Gibson
RMSELTech