[K12OSN] 3Com Nic's

"Terrell Prudé Jr." microman at cmosnetworks.com
Mon Apr 2 17:42:27 UTC 2007

I use 3Com NIC's on the standard UDP ports, and they work perfectly.
Can you give it a try on the standard ports on a test network?

Also, when you do LTSP DHCP, remember that you're actually making *two*
DHCP requests, not one.  The first is done by the EtherBoot image;
that's where you do your TFTP boot and get your kernel/initrd image.
The second is done by the GNU/Linux program "dhclient", and that's where
you get all the /opt/ltsp/i386 stuff, initialize X11, etc.  It sounds
like the first DHCP request is indeed working on UDP 1067 (else you
wouldn't even get a kernel), but the second request might be trying to
go to the standard port (UDP 67).  If that happens, and you get a DHCP
address from the "other" DHCP server, then you don't get your
"root-path" option.  If you don't get that, then you can't do your
pivot_root, and you get a kernel panic.

That would be my first plan of attack for troubleshooting.

--TP
Do you GNU!?
Microsoft Free since 2003 <http://www.gnu.org/>--the ultimate antivirus
protection!