[K12OSN] nic change dhcp fails now

"Terrell Prudé Jr." microman at cmosnetworks.com
Fri Apr 6 17:14:18 UTC 2007

That file doesn't seem to exist in Red Hat distros like K12LTSP.  What I
would do is take a look at /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0.
What you're looking for is the MAC address.  Then, from a shell prompt,
issue "/sbin/ifconfig eth0" and compare the two.  If they don't match,
then modify ifcfg-eth0 to read the actual MAC address of eth0.  You may
also have to tweak ifcfg-eth1 in the same way.

There's a GUI tool to check this, too.  On my system (K12LTSP 4.2EL, the
CentOS-based one), it's under System Settings / Network.

--TP
Do you GNU!?
Microsoft Free since 2003 <http://www.gnu.org/>--the ultimate antivirus
protection!