[K12OSN] Qemu, VMwareserver with K12LTSP

cisna-barry at wc235.k12.il.us cisna-barry at wc235.k12.il.us
Mon Apr 9 13:13:59 UTC 2007

Hi Dan,

 Could you give some details on the specs of the server you are running
Virtulabox on? Also how many concurrent users are connected and what "
the feel is", as far as responsiveness? I m sure if I'd try this and it
does not  seem as snappy as a 3.0 ghz processor local machine everyone
will complain to no end:).. You know how it goes. Have you gotten
negative/postive responses from users on this setup? Usually you never
hear any "positives" until it goes south,,then you hear all kinda
negatives pronto!,,:) We have 150 term server licenses so we would be
legal in this department.
I would be setting 2003 server as guest on one, or two, the k12ltsp
servers here.
I'll have a look at Virtualbox for sure.I m sure they have rolled features
of VMWareserver and Qemu into their own code,and then some ,probably.
Both VMWareserver and Qemu do seem easy to setup,and get working as well.
Qemu being all commandline driven but has good documentation to get up and
running.I think maybe someone has even come up with a GUI to Qemu real
recently also.

Thanks,

Barry Cisna
westcentral school