Fwd: [K12OSN] eduduntu and samba/ldap PDC

Matt Oquist moquist at majen.net
Mon Apr 9 16:54:09 UTC 2007

Hi Randy,

No, you definitely don't want to rerun the smbldap-installer. You just
need to edit /etc/exports on your server and specify that the iBook's
IP address can mount /home, and you need to edit /etc/fstab on the
iBook and tell it to mount /home from the Samba/LDAP server.

The formats of these files are documented all over the Internet and in
man pages. :) ('man fstab' and 'man exports')

You'll probably need to install nfs-common and portmap on the iBook,
and maybe an NFS server on the Samba/LDAP system.

--matt

--
Open Source Software Engineering Consultant
http://majen.net/