Rép. : Re: [K12OSN] KDE AutoLogin

Peter Scheie peter at scheie.homedns.org
Tue Apr 10 02:20:44 UTC 2007

To elaborate on Guy-Michel's point: The desktop--kde, gnome, icewm,
whatever--is independent of which display manager--gdm, kdm, or xdm--is
used.  Fedora, and thus K12LTSP, defaults to using gdm.  This has
nothing to do with which desktop is used or is the default.  Even if
you've set KDE to be the default desktop, unless you've changed the
display manager to kdm, the settings you have below won't work.  You can
use gdm with autologin--there are at least four docs on the wiki on
it--and still have KDE be the default desktop.  Make sure you are using
kdm and the settings below, or gdm and use the settings described on the
wiki.

Petre

Guy-Michel Lessard wrote:
> Are you sure kdm is used?, i have all 3 desktops (kde, gnome and xfce) available but only gdm is used for all three.
>
> Guy Lessard
> Professeur CÉGEP de l'Outaouais
> Gatineau, Québec
> Canada
> Sorry about that, I didn't copy and paste, I just retyped it in while looking
> at it on the terminal screen. I rechecked the config file to make sure and
> yes it is spelled correctly in it.
>
> Ray
>
> On Monday 09 April 2007 10:10, Peter Scheie wrote:
>> You mis-typed the word 'ethernet' in your dhcpd-k12ltsp.conf entry.
>>
>> Petre
>>
>> Ray Garza wrote:
>>> Hey Y'all,
>>>
>>> I tried to do the autologin for KDE and it didn't work. Here's what I
>>> did:
>>>
>>> K12LTSP 6.0 package
>>> user: catalog
>>> password: <password>
>>>
>>> went to /etc/dhcpd-k12ltsp.conf added:
>>>
>>> host catalog {
>>> 	hardware ehternet	00:02:2A:BF:FA:27;
>>> 	fixed-address		192.168.0.20;
>>> }
>>>
>>> went to /etc/hosts and changed:
>>> 192.168.0.20	catalog.ltsp	catalog
>>>
>>> went to /etc/X11/xdm/kdmrc and kdmrc.ltsp and added at the bottom:
>>> [X-catalog:0-Core]
>>> AutoLoginEnable=true
>>> AutoLoginUser=catalog
>>> AutoLoginPass=<password>