[K12OSN] OT: thoughts on running vista through K12LTSP

cisna-barry at wc235.k12.il.us cisna-barry at wc235.k12.il.us
Wed Apr 11 14:31:19 UTC 2007

Levi,

I was just trying to see if anyone had tried running Vista via any VM
software. I thought if it were possible to run on top of Linux, such as
replacing a fresh IMG for example if the primary IMG gets hosed might be
less maintenance,etc. As you stated I m afraid you couldnt get enough ram
sticks shoved inside the server to provide the amount of available ram to
run many concurrent connections for Vista. I m just curious more than
anything if this has been attempted in any school scenarios? The powers
that be, would like to have a few pcs ( 20-25),with Vista for next school
year,so was just pondering options.

Thanks,

Barry Cisna