[K12OSN] best way to distribute bookmarks to users

Martin Woolley sysadmin at handsworth.bham.sch.uk
Thu Apr 12 07:55:20 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 11 April 2007 17:14, Peter Scheie wrote:
> Do you know if there is a way to have a 'default' set of bookmarks that
> everyone gets, but then also allow each user to add his/her own bookmarks?
> The bookmarks the users add would not be shared, they'd just be individual.
>  It seems to me there would need to be two bookmark files: the default one
> that everyone gets, and then each user's additional set of bookmarks.  Is
> this possible?
>
> Petre

For global bookmarks, what we do is have a desktop shortcut to the attached
Perl/Tk script.  You also need a file, in our
case /usr/local/lib/hgsbookmarks setup as

GCSE Revision|http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/gcsebitesize/
Linux Desktop Manual|http://www.iosn.net/training/end-user-manual
OpenOffice Tutorials|http://inpics.net/
etc etc

We leave individual booksmarks to the user.
--
Regards
Martin Woolley

to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email
in error please notify postmaster at bgfl.org

The views expressed within this email are those of the
individual, and not necessarily those of the organisation