[K12OSN] DNS instead of /etc/hosts

rowens at ptd.net rowens at ptd.net
Fri Apr 13 14:05:37 UTC 2007

Sorry for the dumb question, but...

I'm installing K12LTSP (1 nic setup) on an existing Windows network (with
Active Directory).  The LTSP box will be handling DHCP.  I *think* it's best
for me to use DNS instead of assigning names in /etc/hosts, because I have
multiple Windows servers and a handful of standalone Linux boxes.  I'll also
have some printers attached to the thin clients.

Do I need to add DNS entries manually for my entire dynamic IP range?
(currently I'm using Windows DNS, by the way).

-Rob