[K12OSN] LCD Monitor Booting Problem

Bob Hill thebobhill at mail.com
Sat Apr 14 22:51:07 UTC 2007

Hello list,

I am using K12LTSP version 6 with several old identical IBM GL's as thin
clients.  The IBM's have a Cirrus Logic display adapter and I have set
the XSERVER to "Cirrus" in my lts.conf file.  I have several old Dell 15
inch LCD monitors -- (different models, but all support 1024 x 768 @ 60
hz which is also set in lts.conf)--  I am using with these systems,
however, one of them will not boot.

When this particular machine, using a Dell 1501 FP LCD monitor, attempts
to boot, I get a message that the monitor is entering sleep mode right
after my etherboot disk begins to load and it just continues to cycle
through this sequence.  The same machine will boot with another monitor
attached, and this same monitor runs attached to a Windows machine.
Sorry if it's a noob question, but does anyone have some advice what to
change or correct?

Thanks,

Bob Hill