[K12OSN] RE: Future LTSP direction: Local Apps

Gavin Chester sales at ecosolutions.com.au
Fri Apr 20 09:22:32 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-04-19 at 10:59 -0700, Robert Arkiletian wrote:
> On 4/19/07, Nadav Kavalerchik <nadavkav at gmail.com> wrote:
> > we're using it (booting from USB keys). we gave it to students.
> > here is a SIMPLE install : http://www.pendrivelinux.com/
> >
> > students have their ENTIRE desktop, favorite apps and document with them all
> > the time!
> > we consider high end hardware with no hard disks as stations we students can
> > plug their OS into.
> > (it's just an experiment with technology and it's not a cheap solution!)
>
> Thanks.
> If there are others who have tried DRBL I would be interested in
> hearing your experience with it.

I'm _about_ to try it, but that is no good to you to know that ;-)  What
is good to know is that DRBL now have a 'live' or knoppix-style bootable
cd version. You can get an iso with any of Xfce, Gnome, or 'standard'
desktops.  See here for iso download:
http://opensource.nchc.org.tw/drbl-live/testing/

HTH

Gavin.