[K12OSN] OT: Stopping P2P sharing

Caleb Wagnon cwagnon at fordyceschools.org
Fri Apr 20 13:35:26 UTC 2007

The most secure firewall policy is to always block *every port* by default and only poke holes for what you need. That way you're not scrambling to block the latest threatening ports. This has proven very effective here at cutting out P2P. It's a little work to figure out what ports you need....but it pays for itself over and over again.

Caleb Wagnon
Technology Coordinator
Fordyce Schools

>>> "Jim Kronebusch" <jim at winonacotter.org> 4/20/2007 8:08 AM >>>
On Fri, 20 Apr 2007 04:55:47 -0700, Mel Wade wrote