[K12OSN] OT: need help configuring web server on Ubuntu Server to allow file uploads

Rob Owens rowens at ptd.net
Tue Apr 24 22:51:28 UTC 2007

I think the bigger security concern is that if there was an exploitable
bug in apache, then someone from the internet could gain access to your
server and possibly everything else on your LAN.  That's a big if, but
it's possible.  That's the reason some people put the web server on a
completely different subnet--if someone hacks the web server, then
they've only got the webserver and not your local file storage.

-Rob