[K12OSN] Rdesktop Fails after Update

"Terrell Prudé Jr." microman at cmosnetworks.com
Wed Apr 25 18:29:11 UTC 2007

Hmm...I've got to head to work, but I'll see if I can find anything out
Googling this evening when I get some time.  This definitely should not
be happening.

Hey, waitasec.  Not crashing from the console, but it is through the
terminals, eh?  In that case, we might be seeing an X11 (on the client)
issue.  Back when I was running UltraSPARC thin clients, I was using a
release-candidate set of binaries of XFree86 4.4 (just before the Big
Split).  See, I had Red Hat Linux 6.2 installed on the Ultra 5 boxes'
hard disks, which uses XFree86 3.3.6.  The LTSP X11 binaries in
/opt/ltsp/sparc were XFree86 4.4rc. TuxType and TuxMath would
intermittently crash on me when TFTP-booting in normal LTSP style.
However, when I booted RHL 6.2 and had XFree86 3.3.6 do an XDMCP query,
then TuxMath ran fine, but TuxType would simply not run at all due to
the ancient X11 version.

Maybe this is what's biting you as well with rdesktop.

--TP
Do you GNU!?
Microsoft Free since 2003 <http://www.gnu.org/>--the ultimate antivirus
protection!