[K12OSN] Not full screen, just a window

Peter Scheie peter at scheie.homedns.org
Thu Apr 26 14:42:17 UTC 2007

TuxType is really /usr/bin/tuxtype2, which is a binary file.  You can have it launch in
a window by using the -w parameter.  To make it that way for everyone, cd into
/usr/bin/, change tuxtype2 to, say, tuxtype2.bin.  Then create a script in /usr/bin/
called tuxtype2 that has this line in it:

/usr/bin/tuxtype2.bin -w

Make the script executable (chmod +x scriptname).  Now, whenever anyone clicks on the
menu selection for TuxType, it will come up in a window.  HTH.

Petre