[K12OSN] Can you mix LDAP database backends

Brian Chivers brian at portsmouth-college.ac.uk
Mon Apr 30 08:52:10 UTC 2007

 From all the other questions I've asked I guess you all know that I'm in the process of updating /
replacing several of our servers.

During my "reading" about this it would appear that most LDAP systems now use bdb as the database
backend where as our existing systems use ldbm.

When I setup the new LDAP server can I simply do a slapcat from the current system then slapadd it
to the new system  ?

Also we have several slave ldap servers setup, these currently use ldbm so can you replicate a bdb
master to ldbm slaves ??

Thanks
Brian Chivers
Portsmouth College