Re: [K12OSN] gdm auto-login

With autologin, a specific ID *must* be tied to a given client machine. There are at least four documents on the wiki regarding autologin: Two under Technical, and two under Software. I think the ones under Software are the most recent. I just added this one a month or two ago:

http://k12ltsp.org/mediawiki/index.php/A_more_complete_How-To_for_setting_up_autologin_of_clients_using_Gnome_%26_GDM

It includes the very important patch to V5's gdm package which is needed to make autologin work. Which document did you look at?

Petre

Barry Cisna wrote:
Hello All,

  Could someone give me a link to a good gdm auto-login howto for V5 K12LTSP.
I seen there is a howto on the k12ltsp wiki but I can not get that setup
to log a specific user into a  specific terminal.
Id like to have the:
 ws001 auto login johndoe
 ws002 auto login janedoe

etc,,,