Re: [K12OSN] LTSP and Windows DNS

Windows DNS has given us problems at work, so I'm convinced that BIND is the way to go.  I've been using it since BIND v8.  The best how-to for that is the O'Reilly book "DNS and BIND", which, like pretty much all O'Reilly books, is very easy reading and actually explains how to to DNS in English.  Ask pretty much *any* relatively recent (last 10 years) DNS guru how they learned, and they'll probably mention this book.

As for CentOS, setting up BIND on CentOS is basically the same as setting it up on any other UNIX-like system.  Doesn't really matter if it's Slackware, FreeBSD, Slowaris, whatever.

--TP
_______________________________
Do you GNU!?

Rob Owens wrote:
Are there any complications with using an LTSP server (which also
handles DHCP), but letting a Windows server handle DNS?  If this does
cause complications, could someone point me to a good how-to for setting
up DNS on CentOS (I'll be running K12LTSP 5.0.0EL)?

If I do this, would I remove all the "ws00x" lines from /etc/hosts?
(I'm assuming you don't need these if you're running DNS).

Thanks a bunch.

-Rob