[K12OSN] Zoomed Printing

Michael Blinn mblinn at peopleplaces.org
Mon Apr 2 12:58:36 UTC 2007

I'm having some trouble w/ printing in K12LTSP 5.0 x86_64.

When I change settings to print a selection in Firefox, the page comes
out, but Firefox locks up, giving the cascading/mirrored windows effect.

When printing full areas or pages, the headers and footers that list the
page numbers and address fall 95% outside of the printable area on my HP
LaserJet 5P and 2100 printers, so I can only see the bottom 4-5px of the
text.. just enough to know something should be there, almost like the
page is zoomed at 101%. File->Page Setup shows 100% and this occurs
whether 'Shrink to fit' is checked or not. I've changed the margins from
.5" all around to .25" all around but this has no effect. Has anyone
else seen this? Any ideas?

When printing a CUPS test page, it comes out perfectly, showing the 1/4"
non-printable areas.

I'm not sure whether this behavior is limited to Firefox or not.. I
don't know of another application that will let me print so close to the
edge as Firefox. Any ideas? Avenues for testing?

Cheers,
 Michael

--

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
This message, and any attachments that may accompany it, contain information that is intended for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential, or otherwise exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the recipient of this message is not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, or other use of this communication or any of the information, which it contains is unauthorized and prohibited.  If you have received this message in error, please notify the original sender by return mail and delete this message, along with any attachments, from your computer. Thank you.