[K12OSN] moot question

Sudev Barar sbarar at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 03:58:43 UTC 2007

On 03/04/07, Rob Owens <rowens at ptd.net> wrote:
> You might want to make sure that the / partition isn't full.
>
> -Rob
>
> On Mon, Apr 02, 2007 at 01:56:24PM -0500, Eric Brown wrote:
> > I came into school this morning and all the thin clients were looking
> > for a DHCP server.  The keyboard and monitor were frozen, so I do a
> > soft reboot, and kept getting the message "Input/output error during
> > write on /dev/sdb"  before the reboot would end in a kernel panic.
> > The lights on the hard drives are all showing good.

Top and bottom posting is screwing up the flow but still....
Apart from / also look at /tmp. However in such cases you are able to
log in to the server as root since a minimum amount of space is never
allocated. Also clients should boot but not let any one log in.

This could be drive failure / raid failure or dozen of other things.
You need to carefully look at logs and see what happend prior to
freeze. I've had freeze due to power supply over heating! (posted in
past sometime). IAC curious to know your views now that hopefully this
has not happend again after you restarted.
--
Regards,
Sudev Barar