[K12OSN] HP Laptop as a thin client

"Terrell Prudé Jr." microman at cmosnetworks.com
Tue Apr 3 16:45:22 UTC 2007

Someone else I know uses HP laptops that PXE-boot (Pentium III-1.1GHz,
512MB DRAM, IIRC).  She tells me that they work smashingly well.

So, why are such beefy boxes being PXE-booted to LTSP mode??  She does
this because the laptops were a donation, and not a singl one of them
came with a hard disk.  Laptop HD's are still kinda pricey.  BTW,
*there* is a great case for running the apps locally!

--TP
Do you GNU!?
Microsoft Free since 2003 <http://www.gnu.org/>--the ultimate antivirus
protection!