Re: [K12OSN] kinit: clock skew too great

This error means that the time on the kerberos client is out of synch with kerberos server.  The kerberos server in this case is your AD controller.  I believe, by default, the kerberos server will refuse to issue  tickets if the clocks are out of synch by more than 5 minutes.

To avoid this problem, you should use the AD controller as the primary ntp source for all AD members. This way your clients are always in synch with the AD controller.  To automate this, I  setup  cron jobs  on all Linux AD member servers to execute the following:

# /sbin/service ntpd stop; /usr/sbin/ntpdate <ip address of AD server>; /sbin/service ntpd start

The command above stops the ntpd daemon, updates the system time  with AD controller then restarts ntpd daemon.