Re: [K12OSN] Re: K12OSN Digest, Vol 38, Issue 5

Using KDE as the default desktop does not necessarily mean kdm is being used instead of gdm. I think that unless you specify kdm, gdm is used even if KDE is set as the default desktop. Both are set in /etc/sysconfig/desktop, thusly:

DISPLAYMANAGER="GDM"
DESKTOP="GNOME"

IIRC, to set kdm as the display manager, you set DISPLAYMANAGER="KDE", and that's not a typo, KDE is specified, not KDM. But it's been a while so test it, don't take my word for it.

Not that that really helps your problem. Do you get the same result if the client uses gnome instead of kde?

xmechanic wrote:

Re: [K12OSN] Strange glitch in X on LTSP server