Re: [K12OSN] Google Apps free for Schools

We had a great discussion here at the University of Victoria about Privacy issues, and outsourcing of e-mail about a month ago.  Our discussion focused mainly on Google.  What was great about the group participating, is that we not only had IT managers and staff in attendance, but also a Senior University Auditor who has a particular interest in privacy issues.  Here are my notes from the meeting:

Outsourcing Email Discussion Points

Presentation notes at:

http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=dd7xm6g_29323m37

Privacy Concerns

Ownership of Data

Advantages

Integration with existing infrastructure and organizational policy

--
Rich McCue
Systems Administrator