[K12OSN] nic change dhcp fails now

cisna-barry at wc235.k12.il.us cisna-barry at wc235.k12.il.us
Fri Apr 6 11:44:48 UTC 2007

Hello All,

After changing a nic in one of our servers, ( went to a 1000mb nic)on
eth0,now dhcp fails to start. I of course added this nic ( after removing
in network-config, the original eth0), as eth0. Now dhcpd fails to start.
I have looked through the dhcp-k12ltsp.conf file,everything /syntax looks
correct. I looked in /etc/sysconfig/network/default/eth0 and that looks
correct. The system messages gives error" You must list ddns-config" &
"you have not declared a subnet declaration on eth0 or eth1" ( which I
have seen in the past and dhcp still works) or something similar. I  dont
have access to this server right now.
I have even copied/pasted a working dhcp-k12ltsp.conf file into this
server as well. ( I have in the past edited the dhcp.conf ,and everything
looks correct, but dhcp failed then too. Replacing the dhcp.conf fixed the
dhcp statup problem. Dont know if it was whitespaces or what at that time.
That has been many moons ago,though.
I also done an rpm -ivh --force dhcp* and rpm -ivh --force
dhcp-k12ltsp-conf* to reinstall the two dhcp rpm's for k12ltsp.

K12LTSP v. 5.0 32bit

Thanks,

Barry Cisna